This page is devoted to press releases about the Clinic, its personnel, volunteers and the various programs that involve the Clinic. Click a link below to open each Press Release. Check back frequently to stay up to date on Clinic activities.
- July 2017 Wellness Forum Press Release
- Press Release – Sara Nicholls, New Administrative Director
- Press Release – Kip Tulin, New Medical Director
Our vision remains intact: we seek an end state in which the Dungeness Valley provides universal access to appropriate health care for its citizens. Our share in that, as a free clinic, involves providing basic urgent care and chronic health care to the uninsured and under insured, a growing population, as well as promoting wellness in our community. This last goal is a challenge because of our age demographic. Promoting wellness is best achieved by starting early in life.
The services we provide include medical, dental, and wellness (prevention):
- Medical: Basic urgent care, chronic health care, clinical lab and diagnostic imaging testing, pharmaceutical samples, pharmaceutical vouchers, prescription assistance program support, diabetes education (one-on-one counseling and group classes), specialty referrals, mental health referrals, vision testing referrals.
- Dental: Urgent dental care (provided locally), complex or out-of-area referrals to OlyCap.
- WOW Working on Wellness®: Free monthly forums have included eye health, cooking for one, yoga and meditation, disaster preparedness, and the health benefit of volunteering. Education videos and written materials are available in waiting area, two computers for clients’ use in research on-line, and a compilation of educational materials on prevention and disease management (library/reference materials for clients and community).
For a comprehensive, in-depth report on the Clinic’s activities for 2015, please click the following link:
Annual Report – 2015.